Thursday, June 23, 2011

Quick Updates

A full summer thus far and it is only officially two days into the season. Back in May, when I had a month off from school my friend and I went hiking in the Harper's Ferry region. Fun being back in the woods and living with other outdoors people for a couple nights. Met a lady from Santa Barbara, CA who tagged along with us, and was a trooper when we had to walk miles out of our way due to a bridge closure.

My kid sister is growing up! She graduated from high school and is now at her college orientation. Typical nervousness ensues about her roommate liking her, gathering dorm supplies, and getting involved on campus. Will have to plan a trip sometime once she's settled, because I have never stepped foot on the campus.

Music tastes are highly personal, but since my brother enjoyed the albums Joshua Tree and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, I new he would be willing to listen to U2. They played at M&T Bank Stadium (home to the Baltimore Ravens) last night to a full house. 80,000 people expected. Hearing City of Blinding Lights <3 by Bono live <3. I think a guy from corporate sat next to me on the steps - Gino.

Currently I am sitting in a Panera Bread in Alexandria, VA waiting for rush hour to abate. After posting this it is off to typing a four page case study about Coca-Cola in India back in 2003. This ethics class lasts until August 20th. Four classes after this and then the bachelor's diploma is mine all mine *crackly laughter*. Okay so enough procrastinating for one morning.

2 comments:

faith said...

YAY four more classes!!!

cew said...

Thanks! I'm excited to see the end so near.