Monday, July 18, 2011

Grounds for firing and upcoming movies

Two different topics with nothing in common other than they are both weighing on my mind today. In my years of reading the news and working, I have heard of various reasons to terminate an employee. I'll preface this with I am not fired, but one of my co-workers/friends was this week when I was not there.

The reason for my friend seeking other employment, she took two cookies without paying for them and was caught on the security cameras. Yes, that is wrong, but I find it sad to lose an employee over $2.18 retail. The cost to hire and train a person to take their place is far greater. If they were closing that night and had asked a manager, sometimes employees can take product home because it all gets donated anyway.

I've seen a friend get fired for putting extra meat on a sandwich, at the request of a former employee. Was caught, fixed it before it went over the counter, was reprimanded and terminated immediately. All this while living in a state which has not passed break laws for adults. Deal with it and move on.

So, happy thought Tink... upcoming movies that enter theaters on July 29th: Cowboys and Aliens with Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, and Smurfs!! with NPH (Neil Patrick Harris) and Jonathan Winters (comic who was in Its a mad Mad MAD World).

Went shopping for cake decorating tools with Libby this afternoon. She's baking two wedding cakes the first weekend in August, and now owns a fondant roller & smoother, pearl dots, and white and blue ribbon.

No comments: